Safe Handling Instructions:
For your protection, keep raw meats separated from other foods. Wash work surfaces, utensils and hands with soap and water before and after handling raw meats. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 167°F. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
- Hallmark Farms Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey
- 1 package Western Family Spaghetti
- 1 jar Western Family Classic Pasta Sauce
- 1/3 cup Western Family Tomato Paste
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/3 cup shaved asiago
- oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Season the water with salt and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add spaghetti and cook approximately 8 minutes or until al dente. Remove from heat and drain pasta.
- Toss in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add the onions. Sauteé until translucent, but not brown. Add in crushed garlic and stir.
- Add the turkey, and cook until browned. Add the pasta sauce, tomato paste, sugar, salt, green pepper, zucchini, and oregano leaves.
- Turn heat down to medium and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Toss the pasta and pasta sauce together, and place in individual bowls.
- Garnish with shaved asiago and fresh ground black pepper.